NOTE TO RIDERS
Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the entry fee, to refuse admission to or eject any person(s) whose conduct is deemed to be disorderly or who fails to comply with these or other event rules. Any violation of these rules by riders may result in removal from the event and any future events.
PACKET PICK UP
Check-In / Packet Pick-Up will be held on Friday, September 8, 2017 from 5:00pm to 6:30pm at Reality Bikes. Unclaimed packets will be available on Race Day, Saturday, September 9, 2017, from 5:30am to 7:15am at Sawnee Elementary School. All registered riders must complete the check-in process.
Registered riders must pick-up their own ride packet. Riders must present a photo ID at time of packet pick-up. We will not release packets to friends, family, spouses, etc. Only one rider packet will be distributed per rider.
Fees are nonrefundable. The Race to Embrace Ride will take place rain or shine. Online registration will end Wednesday, September 6, 2017. Walk-up registrations will be taken on Race Day, Saturday, September 9, 2017, from 5:30am to 7:00am.
· Food & Drink at Rest Stops
· Race to Embrace Ride T-Shirt
· Timing chip
· Law enforcement support
· Medical Support
· Official Participant Numbers
· SAG, Tech Support and On-Course Communication
· Sponsor giveaways
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Fees are nonrefundable.
The Ride will begin and end at SAWNEE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. We encourage riders to carpool if possible.
Registered riders receive a RACE TO EMBRACE Ride t-shirt. Riders who register by July 28, 2017, are guaranteed a t-shirt in their size. T-shirts will only be distributed to riders on Friday, September 8, 2017, and Saturday, September 9, 2017, and will not be mailed after the ride. Riders may not pick-up t-shirts for other people.
Safety is of utmost importance at this event. The organizers insist that you adhere to this safety information for the safety of you and all other event participants. While we have tried to outline the necessary information for you to have a safe ride, please remember that this even can be dangerous! Be careful, your safety is your responsibility. Ride at your own risk! Safety violators will be removed from the event and future events.
This is NOT a closed course ride - there will be vehicular traffic on the roads with you! Please be cautious around curves and downhills, and remember to stay in the right lane at all times. Traffic in the oncoming lane WILL NOT be stopped.
· HELMETS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES!
· Be alert and respectful to other riders.
· Be aware of vehicular traffic. Obey all traffic laws.
· Reduce downhill speeds.
· Use your brakes sparingly and evenly on descents, rims can heat up from brake pad friction.
· Watch for overheating brakes.
· Ride single file and stay to the right at all times.
· Beware of unexpected wind gusts.
· Aerobars are cautioned due to the excessive speeds during the descents on the mountains.
· Heed course marshal warnings.
· Watch for bumpy road conditions. Carry extra tubes, a pump, etc., so you are prepared for hazards.
· No earphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc.
· Unexpected weather changes (cold, heat, wind, and rain) can quickly occur in the mountains. Be prepared by having extra layers of clothing.
· No child carriers.
· Be alert and exercise caution at all times on this ride. There are some dangerous sections on the route. Ride smart and remember: Your safety is in your hands.
Please check your medical insurance coverage. If you are seriously injured, medical transportation from the course to a medical facility is mandatory, and can easily exceed typical insurance coverage.
BICYCLE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
You are responsible for the care and maintenance of your bicycle. Be sure to carry all repair items you anticipate requiring. Technical support will be available at Sawnee Elementary School before the start of the ride, and at the rest stops. Please note that there may be a fee for parts.
LEAVE NO TRACE
Do your part to prevent littering, defacement, and other forms of pollution so that others may enjoy the wonder and beauty of the Northwestern Georgia mountains, just as you have! Please place empty food wrappers in your pocket until you are able to dispose of the waste properly. There are trash receptacles at each rest stop